Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Ramblings....

Things are slowly coming together in the house. I am definitely in nesting mode and will be more so as time gets closer to our second son being born.
I have been changing out old photo's for recent ones and doing a little decorating as I find things that suit me.
I am a thrift store junkie-I am also addicted to Craigslist and any discount store where I can get a bargain!! The Lord has provided many beautiful things from these avenues and kept us clothed with the local thrift stores in town.
I am going to try my hand at coupons. Those little pieces of paper have always daunted me. But I do want to be a good steward of what God has given our family.

Sunday we had a good time of fellowship with a pot-luck after church and communion in the late service. An answer to prayer came in the form of a lady joining the church! I am looking to the Lord to build our church and I am trusting that my husband will be the full-time pastor he desires to be very soon.

No matter what part of the country (or land) one lives in-- all Christians experience the same trials, failures, joys and successes. We are not alone, for God is our Refuge and Strength. He truly is that friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
I have heard many preacher's and missionary wives talk about the loneliness of the ministry and I have experienced it in small doses at various times in my life.
We WILL get hurt (and hurt others) and friends may forsake us. But I think it is imperative that we continue to be friends to others, no matter the outcome.
How easy it is to say this! But I know how difficult it is to do.

Soon I shall post pictures of the latest happenings, but for now I must ready myself for Mid-week services and wrangle the children to do the same.

5 comments:

Keith and Julie Loveless said...

I know a pastor's wife in Maine that literally stocks more than one cupboard from the use of coupons. She often gets things for almost nothing! She told me that once in a while she actually makes money on a bargain! Coupons are scarce in Canada, but I hope to make the best of the ones we get in the future. And Thrift Stores are the best!!! I am loving them even more now that I've learned some basic sewing and about re-fashioning! If you can sew a semi-straight seam you should check out all the free tutes online. Great way to turn something old into something new.

Joyful Grandma said...

Dropping by for a visit from KJV directory.

Belinda Jo Adams said...

I like that song- How Great Thou Art, also ... and Loretta sings it well.

Kristie said...

I love that song too, Belinda!!
Great songs are pick-me-ups through-out the day!

Deborah said...

Just stopped by to say hello from the KJV BLog Directory.